Friday, February 26, 2010

Baseballs and Princess Tiaras

It has been forever since I have gotten a cookie order and I am excited all over again about my little business! Plus, I have good news - I now have a professional looking piece of equipment to help me out. All this time before I have used my handy hand mixer for making my cookies and that thing wore me out! It was a pain to stand over that thing and mix all that dough and all that icing a little bit at a time. When I asked my hubby if I could get a new stand mixer he said that I should re-invest in my work and buy a new one with the money I earn. Blah - Not what I wanted to hear but I thought ok, good lesson and I was going to purchase a cheaper one from Wal-Mart when I then remembered that my Grandma Popp owns a $300+ dollar Kitchen Aide Mixer and she doesn't use it anymore. (She now lives in a retirement facility.) So I asked her if I could "borrow" her mixer and being a huge supporter of my cookie making skills she said YES! Maybe she will forget I have it. LOL. Anyway, this thing changed my life! I absolutely love it! Turn it on, add your ingredients, and it mixes all by itself. Now I am so excited to make more cookies and I hope the orders start to roll in! In fact, I have another big order in March where I am making UT Longhorn Football themed cookies and they will be so super cute, so please watch for pic of those! My order this week was for my dear friend Michelle who lives in College Station. She ordered a dozen baseballs for her little boy and a dozen Princess Tiaras for two of her daughters birthdays. They will party favors for the guests. Instead of shipping them, the kids and I will make a little road trip to deliver and we are in for a bonus of visiting Chuck E Cheese for the first time!

These pics are horrible!  I absolutely hate my camera.  These cookies are absolutely adorable in person and these shiny, out-of-focus pictures just do not do them justice!  Also, they are light pink and purple in color.  I apologize.

2 comments:

  1. These are so amazing! You absolutely have so much talent! :-)
    I have my stand mixer from my grandmother too and I cherish it so much :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dory, Does Aunt Josephine have a camera, too. heeheehee.... I love your site. When will you be in CS. Remember, Trey is there at TAMU. We go there often.

    ReplyDelete